Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Genesis (I Can't Dance!)

This is a blog dedicated to the evangelizing, zany, almost dark world of Chick Tracts. For those of you who don't know what they are, they're tiny black and white comic books prosthelyzing the Word of the Lord. Albeit an extremely narrow, and not particularly reasonable interpretation of it. Here, the Catholic Church is the front for a demonic movement, nobody knows who Jesus Christ is, and the King James Bible is the only scripture to be trusted. The comics are screeds of intolerance and insanity. The premises and execution are so outlandish as to lead people to think they're a parody of religous fundamentalists. But whatever their intention, the only way to not shake one's head and lose hope for humanity is to see the humor in them. Which is what this blog is for.

I started this back on Livejournal, but I always seemed to let the project slip by me, for several reasons. One being that I was afraid Chick's apparent army of lawyers would find me. Another was that formatting was a pain in the ass. There was also the fear I was going to repeat myself. But I'm going to try and adopt this concept called a "work ethic", and maybe try and spin these out once a week. There's certainly a wealth of material to poke fun of. Come join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment